Friday, February 28, 2014

I have a 1 yr lease with Richman Proprty Mgt for a 2 br apt. I notified them ahead of time that I have pets, written on my initial applicati...

Question

I have a 1 yr lease with Richman Proprty Mgt for a 2 br apt. I notified them ahead of time that I have pets, written on my initial application. When I signed the lease, they told me not to worry about it. Since then, 8 mos later and into the lease, they have come back and said I owe them $1000.00 for my pets. They said I can pay it out. The girl that initially told me not to worry about it has since found other employment.

1.) Am I obligated to pay at this point $1000.00?

2.) What are the consequences if I choose not to pay and I plan on moving anyway?



Answer

Read your lease. It controls on pet damage deposits.



Answer

Your written lease controls. The oral representations don't amount to an agreement. Have your lease reviewed.



No comments:

Post a Comment