Monday, April 27, 2015

Hello, My question is regarding my rights to regaining my possessions which were confiscated during a parole search in order to ascertain wh...

Question

Hello,

My question is regarding my rights to regaining my possessions which were confiscated during a parole search in order to ascertain whether they were stolen or not. the police never issued a list nor receipt for multiple electronics , cell phones, pda etc.

I was arrested and by the police for one of the phones coming back stolen and later released by my parole officer. My parole officer is more or less on my side as far as it being a petty attempt on their part, and pretty much knows the phone was not actually mine but one that i was working on. Any help you may provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks



Answer

If the property is being held as evidence for new charges, you are not going to get those back, especially if one of the phones was stolen. Additionally, property held as evidence is held until the time to appeal has run on any new charges filed, or any appeal is resolved.



No comments:

Post a Comment