Thursday, February 20, 2014

Does ex paying child support on time hurt their chances for change in parenting time as part of out custody arrangement and default? Or can ...

Question

Does ex paying child support on time hurt their chances for change in parenting time as part of out custody arrangement and default? Or can they not be following child support as they should and still be able to have a descent chance and getting additional parenting time through a modification? I ask because I fear my ex is going to request this simply to try and avoid having to pay as much or any support.



Answer

It is very common for a person who pays child support to seek a modification increasing overnights with the child in order to reduce child support. The fact that the child support has been payed on a timely basis does not really effect the outcome. I have represented many people in these situations over the last thirty-five years, and I might be able to offer my services to you for a reasonable fee if you need representation. Please feel free to contact me.



No comments:

Post a Comment