Wednesday, February 26, 2014

FAMILY LAW / ADOPTION - New JerseyI currently have primary custody of my son, his mother sees him 3 nights a week and is listed as a "co-par...

Question

FAMILY LAW / ADOPTION - New Jersey

I currently have primary custody of my son, his mother sees him 3 nights a week and is listed as a "co-parent". I feel as though my son is not receiving the support he needs, monetarily and emotionally. He needs a strong family figure in his life. My question is I have found a family that wants to adopt him, so am I capable of signing over my custody of our son and allowing them to take my position in his life? As in they adopt him and they would become the Primary care provider for him, and they would have him 4 nights a week and his mother would still have him 3 nights a week as a "co-parent"?

Can they adopt my portion of our sons custody?

What would we have to do for the adoption process?

Is there anything I should know?

I just want to give him the best he can get and unfortunately I know that is not with me or his mother, But I know she would not give up her rights.. so at least he can get as much support as possible.



Answer

an adoption cannot take place without the consent of both the mother and the father.



No comments:

Post a Comment